The category F-NS consist of motorized and sailing copies of real ships,
which are supposed to undergo construction evaluation and steereng test.
The category F-NS is divided into the following groups and classes
The goal of the competition
- Group F2 – true-to-original scale models of ships/boats built according to
technical documentation without using Industrially produced parts
- Class F2-A – true-to-original scale models up to 900 mm in length
- Class F2-B – true-to-original scale models between 900 and 1400 mm in length
- Class F2-C – true-to-original scale models over 1400 mm in length
- Class F2-S – true-to-original scale models of submarines
F2-S rules (German + English)
F2-S rules (Russian)
- Group F4 – models built from kits or industrially produced parts and models that have
identifiable basic attributes and parts of ships and are visibly completed
- Class F4-A – models built from kits or industrially produced parts and models that have
identifiable basic attributes and parts
of ships and have to undergo a steering test but no construction evaluation
- Class F4-B – models built from kits or industrially produced parts that have to
undergo a steering test and construction evaluation
- Class F4-C – models made by plastic injection as well as those that are sold as kits
or made of industrially produced parts. Models
undergo a steering test and construction evaluation.
To improve the models, some changes using other materials are allowed.
The model’s hull, deck and superstructure must be parts from the original kit
- Group F6/F7
- Class F6/F7 – true-to-original and close-to-original models of ships and boats for team maneuvers (F6) or
individual maneuvers (F7) as well as equipment,
if connected to ships/boats and types of boats
(i.e., floating cranes, drilling rigs, dockyard machines/installations for transferring cargo,
suction and bucket ladder dredges, etc.)
- Group F-DS
- Class F-DS – true-to-original and close-to-original steam-drive models;
with propeller drive, side paddle wheels or rear paddle wheels.
It has to have a fully functional steam engine (of one or more cylinders) or steam turbines
- Group F-NSS – true-to-original and close-to-original sailing boats in any scale.
The adequacy of the model will be valuated as a part of the construction evaluation
- Class F-NSS-A – Triangular rigged Ships (modern sails)
- Class F-NSS-B – Triangular, Gaff, Jigger rigged Ships (without square rigging)
- Class F-NSS-C – Square rigged ships and other types of sails (Latin, yard sails)
- Class F-NSS-D – multi-hull boats and boats with special drive
To obtain as higher result as possible from 100 points available for every model.
Judges investigate every model and make their decision.
Winners take gold, silver and bronze medals.